Monday, March 31, 2008

Ben Bernanke Banking

Bank customers queue round the block as cash machine pays out DOUBLE their money

14:43pm on 19th March 2008

Bank customers couldn't believe their luck when a cash machine began to double the money they requested.

The faulty machine finally ran out of notes at about 8pm.

Two for one: Customers queue outside the cash machine in Hull last night which paid out twice the amount requested before running out of cash

"I parked up and learned that it was paying out double. I joined the queue and when I finally got to the front I drew out £200 but it gave me £400.

"The statement said I only drew out £200. I don't know whether I will have to pay it back."

Taxi driver David Mellors, 37, said he arrived at 7pm but by the time he got to the front, the cash machine had ran out of money.

"I was disappointed. It was the ultimate buy one get one free sale and I missed out," said the father of seven.

"We do not know how much the machine paid out at the moment but the matter is under investigation" she said.

"They were walking away with huge wads of cash and big smiles on their faces.

"They were ringing their mates and telling them to get down quickly. It makes up for all the banks charges I guess. I hope they don't have to pay it back."

Sounds like Ben Bernanke Banking to me:


Here we see Lehman, JP, and yep... you guessed it... even a Goldman Retriever. Clearly even dogs are welcome to money from the Ben Bernanke Banking service.

Sadly, Bear was hit by a truck laden with debt, and had to be put down before it could open its account. :(

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home